Summer is wrapping up and parents are either counting the days or savoring every last minute with their kids. The first day of school is coming soon! Every parent is starting to think about those back to school necessities, especially back to school snacks and back to school lunches. I’m always looking for ways to save time in the morning and after school, so having convenient snacks on hand is always important to me. I decided this year I’m going to be prepared and make a list of easy to pack back to school snacks not only to help myself, but to help you too! Here are some of our favorite healthy snacks for school lunches and after school snacks too!
25 Easy to Pack Back to School Snacks
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
1. Pressed by KIND Bars
I’m on a big kick to get the kids to eat more fruits and vegetables this year and these bars will certainly help us get there. All bars are made with fruit & chia or only fruit & veggies. They all have five ingredients or less, with no added sugar. Such an easy way to add two servings of fruit to our daily routine!
2. Pretzel and hummus packs
My kids love these and would eat them every day if they could! These Sabra packs are our favorite!
3. Walker’s Gluten Free chocolate chip shortbread cookies
Not only does this company make shortbread, they make snack packs! Available in regular or gluten free, they are delicious either way you choose!
4. Volpi Roltini
These are a huge hit with my kids. A mozzarella cheese stick wrapped in a piece of prosciutto ham had them asking for more!
5. Pirate’s Booty
These are a long standing favorite in our house. Easy to pack, these bags of aged white cheddar puffs are a must for any lunch bag or after school snack.
6. Apple slices with nut butter (or soy butter/sunbutter) and raisins
7. Tuna salad snack pack (tuna and crackers)
8. Graham crackers
Choose honey, cinnamon, or chocolate and eat them plain or try with toppings like cream cheese, nut butter and jelly, or marshmallow fluff.
9. Nutella with pretzels or breadsticks
A twist on a favorite snack in our house. Our kids beg for me to buy these at the store!
10. Cottage cheese with pineapple
11. Rice cake with cream cheese and jelly
12. GoGo squeeZ squeezable fruit snacks
Squeezable apple sauce and yogurt that kids love. My kids are big fans of the cinnamon and banana flavors.
13. Homemade blueberry muffins (or any other flavor)
14. Whole wheat pita with lunch meat
15. Chobani Flips yogurt (yogurt on one side, topping on the other)
16. Oscar Meyer P3 Protein pack (bite size bits of cheese, meat, and nuts)
17. Freeze dried fruit snacks
We love the variety of the Bare Baked Crunch fruit snacks. They come in coconut, banana, and apple. Yum!
18. Hard boiled eggs and whole wheat crackers
19. Bell pepper strips and salad dressing
20. Energy bites
My sister and I swear by these easy to make no bake energy bites. You can mix and match nut butters, spices, and nuts/seeds. Try all of them! Here’s the recipe!
21. Blue corn tortilla chips and guacamole
22. Wheat tortilla wrap with turkey, roasted red peppers, spinach, and cream cheese
23. Stone Ground flavored fig bars
If your kids are fans of fig cookies, these fig bars are the next best thing! Grab a variety box of these whole wheat fig bars and find a favorite!
24. Diced cantaloupe or watermelon
Be sure to send a napkin and a fork or it will be quite messy!
25. Favorite cereal mixed with dried fruit (cranberries/raisins/apricots)
If you are looking for more suggestions for the first day of school, we have you covered with our easy to pack travel snacks, nut free travel snacks, and easy to make and pack snacks. These should give you quite a few ideas for the upcoming school year.