In our family, there is meal time, and there is snack time, and it often feels more importance is given to the latter. We have found that nothing satisfies a child (or adult) on the verge of a meltdown more than a quality snack. Here are some of our favorite choices for snacks on the go. Some of these work are perfect for snacking on the plane, and are great road trip food ideas. Hopefully, even the pickiest of eaters and most food allergy sufferers will find something to satisfy them on this list.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
Easy to Pack Travel Snacks
1. Frozen grapes
2. Cheese sticks (aka string cheese)
3. Pretzels (Pretzel Crisps are our favorite, love the variety!)
4. Vanilla wafers
5. Pita chips and hummus
6. Beef jerky
8. Drinkable yogurt or chocolate milk
9. Dried fruit – cranberries, apricots, bananas, apples, or raisins (but not the yogurt covered kind, they melt in little hands)
10. An apple
11. Sunflower seeds (shelled), pumpkin seeds, almonds, or nuts (if no allergies)
12. Granola bar
13. Squeezable fruit pouches
14. Frozen yogurt in a tube
15. Animal crackers
16. Terra vegetable chips
17. Sugar snap peas
18. Graham crackers
19. Bagel thins with your favorite nut butter or cream cheese (Our son has a peanut/tree nut allergy, so we travel with these all the time. They come in very handy if they need to be used as a meal replacement).
20. Your favorite dry cereal
21. Rice cakes
22. Veggie Straws
23. Fruit leather
24. Pirate’s Booty Cheddar Puffs (I prefer this to popcorn, because it’s not as messy)
25. Your favorite crackers
Looking for road trip ideas? How about a Southwest road trip with Moon Travel guides? All the best tips you need to plan your trip!