Since our youngest has a peanut/tree nut allergy, we are always looking for allergy friendly treats any time of year. If you have ever wondered why people paint pumpkins blue, it’s part of FARE’s (Food Allergy & Research Education) Teal Pumpkin Project. This project encourages families to paint a teal pumpkin and share allergy friendly treats with trick-or-treaters.
If you’re looking for ideas for class parties or something to pass out on Halloween, here are 50 allergy friendly Halloween treats to keep on hand. And don’t forget to keep an eye out for the blue pumpkin when you’re out trick or treating.
*Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, which means we may receive a commission if you click a link and purchase something that we have recommended. Please check out our disclosure policy for more details. Thank you for your support!
The Teal Pumpkin project started in 2014, and gains momentum each year. The project is all about handing out non-food options, but I wanted to give some ideas for nut free treats as well. It can be so hard to find allergen free Halloween candy. Here are 50 ideas for Allergy Friendly Halloween Treats to make your job a little easier.
*Please note, these are merely suggestions that work for our family. Be sure to read all labels before sharing these treats with a child with a food allergy.
50 Ideas for Allergy Free Halloween Treats
Allergy Friendly Halloween Candy
1. Blow Pops/Tootsie Pops/Dum Dum lollipops
2. Laffy Taffy – Gluten free candy
3. Hershey chocolate bars (plain) – Also gluten free
5. Red Vines
6. Rice Krispies Treats
7. Mini Oreos
8. Jolly Ranchers
9. No Whey Chocolate – offers allergy friendly candy free of the most common food allergies. My son loves their Pea “Not” butter cups, filled with sunflower butter and milk free chocolate. They make Halloween minis that are perfect for kids!
11. Junior Mints
13. Ring Pops
14. Tootsie Rolls – Also gluten free
15. SweeTARTS – Also gluten free
16. Fruit leather
17. Popcorn/Pirate’s Booty
18. Mike and Ike’s – Also gluten free
19. Hershey’s kisses – Some are gluten free
20. Willy Wonka’s Nerds
21. Haribo Gummy Bears
22. Kit Kat
23. York Peppermint Patties – Also gluten free
24. Swedish Fish
25. Smarties – Also gluten free
25 non food Halloween treats
These are great for handing out at class parties in Halloween treat bags or even handing out at your door.
9. Wind up toys
10. Clapping hands
14. Spider rings
15. Restaurant coupons (McDonald’s, Taco Cabana)
16. Play dough
17. Vinyl sticky hands (kids love these)
21. Mini notepads
24. Slap bracelets
I hope this list has inspired you to find some new ideas to share with trick or treaters this year. Wishing everyone a safe and happy Halloween!